Sunday May 15, 2011
10:00 am to 5:00 pm
South Bay Water Wise Garden Tour
The purpose of this garden tour is to:
- Provide South Bay residents with the opportunity to see first-hand gardens using
water-wise techniques and plants
- Illustrate that healthy, attractive gardens can flourish with less water usage
- Motivate residents to try gardening using water-wise techniques
- Inspire gardeners to provide wildlife habitat in their gardens
- Provide an outing the whole family can enjoy
Throughout the tour you will encounter the beauty and pristine look of South Bay Area
Gardens that embrace the water wise gardening philosophy.
To find out more about Water Wise Gardening, click here
with more water-wise solutions will not only save you money but require less maintenance.
The use of ground covers instead on lawn is a great replacement. Removing the parkway
lawn strip and planting drought tolerant ground covers or plants interspersed with
stepping stones is also a water-wise move.
will also maintain moisture in your soil and drip irrigation provides water without the
evaporation that occurs with standard sprinklers.
cistern to be used at a later time for watering. One inch of rain from a 1,000 square foot
roof will yield 625 gallons of water.
will also cut back on water needs.
be encouraging the native habitat.
phone : (310) 374-1199
Email : email@example.com
Owner of Enviroscape Landscaping in Los Angeles, California